Wednesday 12 February 2014

inseparable



When young dad, Joe, discovers he's dying, drifter Charlie is given a unique opportunity to turn his life around. A story of family, identity and starting again.

I wouldn't call myself a Cumberbitch (okay I lied, I totally would), but this film is nothing short of brilliant. The premise sounds absolutely mundane and normal. Until you start the short and realize the main characters are twin brothers. It's heartbreaking to see how one man is suffering, while his twin brother is leading an ordinary life. I wonder how twins feel when they see the other in pain (This reminds me of George & Fred Weasley in Harry Potter.. I'm still not over it JK!!). Benedict's acting is stunning even there was a severe lack of dialogue (I think this makes the film more poignant, though. When music is used to express feelings, the emotions somehow multiply ten-fold which works brilliantly in this case), and he managed to convey such a range of emotions in the span of eleven short minutes. The film ended on quite a note of despair, which makes it perfect, in my opinion. Short films are so hard to make precisely because the time is so scarce, and the ending to me is everything, and this short nailed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment